I’ve Got a Little List…
The title of this blog will go right over the head of anyone who doesn’t know The Mikado, but never mind that. If you can’t make obscure references to Gilbert and Sullivan on the Internetz, where CAN you?
I do have a list, though, of projects. Also of obsessions and ruminations.
1) First thing, I cut out another pair of jeans:
I cut them in the next size up, since I want a bit more room in this pair. They are really bright, but I am hoping that it will not highlight my lumps and bumps. We’ll see.
2) I am working on drafting my own denim skirt. I love denim skirts but can not find a pattern for one that fits well. However, I do have a perfectly fitted A-line pattern designed for stiff fabrics like twill and corduroy. So, I’m using that as a base and adapting the design details from other patterns. Currently I’m leaning towards leaving the darts in the back instead of trying to make a yoke — I might want a yoke eventually, but I’m not sure how much I can tweak without screwing up the fit.
3) I’ve realized that there are no patterns for the type of knits I want to sew. I keep buying patterns and they keep disappointing me. However, I do have this book:
So this may well end up being another drafting experiment. I want a cropped sweatshirt with a wide neck, and a loose-fitting t-shirt pattern that isn’t embarrassingly baggy. Also a knit dress that is not tight, revealing or made of shiny polyester. I’m going to be doing muslins and burning through the stash. THIS MIGHT GET UGLY.
Now for the ruminations:
4) Middlest has a sleepover on Friday and they are going to see The Hunger Games.
5) So Oldest and I made a pact to see it Saturday since we actually, y’know, read the book. I am super excited.
6) This will be a busy weekend. Joint birthday party for two families on Sunday. It is an hour away but Hubs is driving, yippee-ki-yay. Can not wait to see everybody.
7) Somehow, I’m hoping to fit in some sewing around the edges.
8) MUST REMEMBER TO PICK UP ITEMS FOR EASTER BASKETS. Also figure out what to put in baskets for teens besides socks and underwear.
9) I’m joking. Have never given socks or underwear as a gift, even to my own flesh and blood.
10) I have, however, given toothbrushes. This is reasonable antidote to candy, also included. Right?
11) Will be adding people to blogroll tonight. Let me know if I miss you…I promise it’s by accident.
12) The Hubs thinks I should put the blog on Twitter so people know when there’s an update. I hate Twitter and rarely use it, but it might be worth it for this. Any thoughts or preferences from the peanut gallery?