I wasn’t kidding last week when I said I might end up nekkid. So today, I took it on myself to whip up a couple of new skirts. I used this pattern:
New Look 6354
I’ve sewn this pattern before with somewhat mixed success. Because of the size difference between my waist and my hips, I always have to cut elastic waist patterns too large and they end up looking odd. However, it suddenly came to me that this problem would be solved if I used knit fabric. My first choice was View F, which is a knee-length A-line skirt with a lot of hip room. I traced the pattern because I didn’t know how my experiment would work out — I ended up sizing down to an 8 from my usual 12, and I didn’t have enough 2″ elastic so I cut the waistband down to use 1.25″ and 1″ elastic, respectively. I also didn’t bother to cut the waistband on the bias since it would stretch anyway. The results were immensely gratifying. I’ll probably try to whip up a couple more knit bottoms over the next day or so.
Currently watching Interview with the Vampire. My God, there are SO many beautiful men in this movie….